After a long time a quick one.
This is a recipe for a nice and flavourful eggplant. It is quite fat and also salty so it’s best eaten along with plain white rice.
We will need these:
- One eggplant
- Few (4-5) cloves of garlic
- A small onion
- Dried garlic
- Black pepper (or a mixture of pepper)
- Salt (optional)
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Rice wine
- Satay sauce
The best taste is achieved when the eggplant is marinated for a couple of hours.
Hacking and slashing
- Dice the eggplant into pieces of around 2-3 cm in size.
- Mince the garlic.
- Cut the onion into small dice. (This can be done a bit later).
Pouring and shaking
- Mix the eggplant and the minced garlic.
- Add pepper.
- Add dried garlic.
- Optionally add salt, this really depends on how salty your soy sauce already is.
- Add satay sauce.
- Mix it all a bit.
- Add oil, about 3-4 table spoons. Eggplant is like a sponge so it will soak it up pretty fast.
- Add the sesame oil, give the bottle a good shake, 10-15 drops at least.
- Add the soy sauce to taste.
- Add one cap of rice wine.
Culinary pro tip! Put plastic wrap over your bowl, put a plate over that. Then lift the bowl and shake the hell out of it.
This will make the ingredients mix very nicely.
Put the mixture in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Put some oil in a pan, add the diced onions and cook them until transparent.
- Add in the prepared mixture and cook first on high, then on medium heat until the sauce becomes soupy and sticky.
- Serve with rice.